Hello, hello, hello.
Taimi (born in 1314 AE) is an asura studying at the College of Synergetics. An apprentice of the renowned golemancer Zojja, Taimi requires the assistance of a golem named Scruffy to get around, owing to a degenerative disease that prevents her from walking long distances and may spread to other parts of her body as she gets older. Although there is no known cure, this progeny is quick to refuse any offer of pity.
Taimi was first seen at the Marionette's Landing in Lornar's Pass, claiming to be on an important field experiment for her college. After the defeat of the Twisted Marionette, Logan Thackeray took her to Lion's Arch, where she claimed Braham was her guardian (although the norn denies ever meeting her) and she has made several attempts to get him to take her back to Rata Sum. She showed an intense interest in Scarlet Briar, and expressed a desire to meet with her, and when she broke Mai Trin out of Fort Marriner, Taimi (and thus, Braham) pursued her into the Edge of the Mists, where Scruffy was damaged. Since the attack on Lion's Arch, Taimi has been hanging around Vigil Keep, hoping to find an eyewitness account of Scarlet in Lion's Arch.
|After Mordremoth's awakening, she and the rest of the team, including the Pact Commander, were called to Dry Top by the Seraph in order to investigate some strange vines growing in the region, as well as an airship crash. They chased down the saboteur of that crash, and later discovered a strange room belonging to Scarlet prior to her visions of the Eternal Alchemy. Taimi took to the artifacts and quickly became absorbed in researching them, later discovering a secret path to a ley line hub which Taimi assisted the Pact Commander and her group in retaking for themselves. She then continued her research into ley line energy which helped expose the vulnerability of the waypoint system as well as impending attacks on both Fort Concordia and Fort Salma. While the Commander was assisted by the rest of the team in resolving those issues, Taimi discovered Omadd's machine, the device Scarlet used to view the Eternal Alchemy, and sought to use it on herself. After a scuffle with the Pact Commander, however, it was the Commander that was subjected to the mind opening experience instead of her.
As the Commander set off to recruit the world leaders to the Pale Summit, Taimi finished work on her waypoint calibration device, despite the snide remarks and overbearing presence of Councillor Phlunt. After finishing the device with the Commander's help, Taimi started the process of recalibrating the way point system, which finished (as you might expect) with Mordemoth's minions attempting to destroy the device. With the Commander's help, the minions were pushed back, but Phlunt demanded that Taimi hand over her research and knowledge to hold in trust until she graduated from the college. Taimi didn't want to give up what she had worked so hard to achieve, so she fled deeper into Dry Top before being cornered by Inquest. The Commander and Braham fought them off, and ultimately convinced Taimi to give up the device for the greater good.
Taimi was invited to the Pale Summit, but due to her golem and her refusal to give it up, she stayed on the lower level and assisted with evacuating and protecting the world leaders when the Shadow of the Dragon attacked. Taimi then moved to the Pact Camp of Camp Resolve where she started to study under Brun Ignotspitter.
Living World involvement
- Season 1
- Ep.16: The Origins of Madness: A Moment's Peace
- Ep.17: Edge of the Mists (living world)
- Ep.18: Escape from Lion's Arch
- Ep.20: The Dead End (Aftermath)
- Season 2
- Ep.1: Gates of Maguuma
- Ep.2: Entanglement
- Ep.3: The Dragon's Reach: Part 1
- Ep.4: The Dragon's Reach: Part 2
- Ep.5: Echoes of the Past
- Ep.6: Tangled Paths
For previous dialogue, see here.
- "I like what I'm seeing. The Zephyrites' approach to magic is unique, as in their attitude. not so fond of what I'm Hearing, though: I predict the "alas, alas" song is going to get on my nerves."
You get used to it. How are you getting along with Jory and Kas?
- "Kasmeer is nice-like the big sister I never had. She never gets mad. Marjory does, though, so she's a bit of a bully...like the big sister I never had. Getting around her is a rewarding challenge.
- Just remember they're both on your side.
So what's next for you and Scruffy?
- "Not sitting on the sidelines in some smelly old Vigil camp, that's for sure. The next time this little band of ours goes on an adventure, Scruffy and I are going to be there."
- I pity anyone who tries to stop you.
How are you feeling?
- "Thank you for asking. My legs are good today discomfortwise[sic], but I can't get complacent: my mobility is capricious, changing from one hour to the next. Luckily, Scruffy is always standing by."
- Glad to hear it.
- "Thank you for asking. My legs are good today discomfortwise
- Got candy?
- I'm behaving.
- Hm. What?
- Hello, hello, hello.
- Oh, hi.
- It wasn't me.
- Look at me. I'm taller than you. (When inside Scruffy)
- Greetings, organic creature. Just kidding, it's me in here. (When inside Scruffy)
- I'm bored. Let's do something. (When inside Scruffy)
- Built this thing myself. Check it out—classic vintage parts. (When inside Scruffy)
- Ever combine limbic crystals and arcane reducers? I have! (When inside Scruffy)
- Combat chatter
- Woooo! Let's rumble. (When inside Scruffy)
- Taimi wallpaper.jpg
- Taimi concept art.jpg
- Taimi render.jpg
- Taimi is voiced by Debi Derryberry. 
- Taimi is a Finnish word for seedling or sapling.
- Taimi was introduced with the January 21, 2014 game update.
- Taimi & Zommoros are the only NPCs represented by a drawing in the dialogue window.